Monday, July 4, 2011

Apply The Secret to World Peace

By the time the book The Secret came out, I had already read from other sources about 95 percent of the material in the book. Classics like Think and Grow Rich, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind and The Power of Positive Thinking all found a place in my library when I was still a teenager.

Over the course of my life I learned how to be confident, push away negativity and visualize my goals and hold them in my mind until they were achieved. I don't mind saying the principles have worked fine for me.

The reason I like The Secret is that many of the principles I read in those books mentioned above, and others, are all found in this one location. In other words, The Secret is a sort of data base of powerful thinking.

That is not to say The Secret is not without flaws or that many scam artists are benefiting from it financially. But despite that, there is much value in it for people who need a little help in becoming stronger mentally and learning to appreciate the power of your mind.

Certainly some marketers of The Secret will have you believe you can simply "visualize" a million dollars and it will appear. That is a gross over simplification of the principles The Secret is founded on. And yes, the author herself is guilty of this to a degree.

That said, the book is worth reading and the principles it espouses are worth perusing, whether from the book The Secret, or other sources. The point is that I am for anything that promotes exploring the power of the mind.

Lastly, it is okay to use the power of the mind to also make the world a better place. You don't have to just focus on materializing wealth. I would suggest using your mind to feed the hungry and fight for world peace. I think that is a good start.

I am a radio show host and community activist. Go here to see more about what I do http://www.personalgrowthtools.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment